INTERVIEW WITH RAK RAZAM
I was lucky enough to be in the same city as Rak Razam as he was on his way to Burning Man. We jumped into the deep end of conversation. Hanging out with Rak is a little like being around a live wire that spouts harmonic oracular transmissions. In this interview, he shares about his newest projects.
Rak Razam is a leading experiential journalist, writing about and helping shape the emergence of a new cultural paradigm in the 21st century. A writer, film producer, and culture maker, he bridges the worlds of shamanism, consciousness and popular culture.
Author of the critically acclaimed book Aya Awakenings: A Shamanic Odyssey and the companion volume of interviews, The Ayahuasca Sessions (www.ayathebook.com), he is a frequent lecturer on ayahuasca and the shamanic revival sweeping the West. He wrote, produced and co-directed the groundbreaking new visionary documentary Aya: Awakenings (www.aya-awakenings.com) that toured across 10 cities in the USA in early 2014.
• Rak Razam shares about his inspiring new and long-standing projects for sacred medicine and social change.
• [We are] a new generation of Western people who are going through the growing pains, responsibility, and learning curve of taking on board what it means to be medicine people or shamans in a global village.
• We are moving from dominator culture into a new energy coming from the planet herself in this global shamanic resurgence.
• How can we be connected to the earth and resonating in right relationship with the earth?
• What does it mean to be “Hard wired for God”?
• We get the medicines we need when it’s time for them…
CONNECT WITH RAK:
Shamans of a Global Village: Documentary Film Series
Scientific studies with Ayahuasca & 5-MeO-DMT
Aya Awakenings: The Book, Film, & Retreats
In a Perfect World: Podcast hosted by Rak Razam